Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Product Review: St Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub.

I decided to buy this product a over month ago to see if it would do what it says which is ‘fight blemishes!’. I heard a lot of good things about this product and decided to purchase it to see if it actually does do wonders to my skin as we all know that acne is a worldwide problem where it is said that 85% of teenagers suffer from acne!

I purchased the Item at Superdrug for £3.99 although you can buy it in many different stores like Boots or even supermarkets. There are many useful ingredients in this product such as:               

Salicylic acid- this helps treating acne as Salicylic acid is able to keep our pores clear by shedding the dead skin cells  (through exfoliating) this means that it would reduces the number of breakouts on the skin and pore blockages.
Apricots- Apricots basically make the skin feel fresher and brightens it up so you get that nice glow.

Anyway every time I use the product I instantly feel that my skin is much softer and brighter. The texture of the product is what is meant to be because after all the product is used for exfoliation so there are going to be little bits of the ingredients this is so that the product can successfully remove the dull and dead skin which could lead to breakouts.

For me the product has helped reduced the number of breakouts. All though I mostly only break out on my cheeks due to allergies I do think this product does help clear it up for me. I use this product about 3 times a week, if you do have sensitive  skin I would say use it at least twice a week. The most important thing about exfoliating it to NEVER exfoliate too hard as this can damage the skin. Don’t go crazy with the scrubbing it’s best to do it gently and also a little goes a long way!!
The actual product

Overall, i would recommend this product as after using it for over a month i have noticed my skin feeling much softer and my breakouts have been reducing. This product does a great job in clearing blemishes and blackheads and for the price you couldn't go wrong. Everyone has different skin types so check first if it is suitable for you eg. If you do have dry skin i doubt that you should use this product exfoliating works best on combination/oily/blemish/acne prone skin.


                     


                                                                   

6 comments:

  1. might give this a go
    i would love for some of you to read my blog and tell me what you think beth-stocker.blogspot.com
    im also on bloglovin beth-stocker blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice <3 your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You very much :) may I also add that you can also get this product on sale at £1.99 sometimes. so be on a lookout for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this product!

    Also, I wanted to personally invite you to enter my Midsummers Dream Giveaway!

    http://mash-elle.blogspot.ca/2013/08/a-mid-summers-dream-giveaway.html

    Xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stuff, I use it every day, I find it's fine with my skin, not too harsh

    I’ve given my blog a bit of a redesign, please come and check it out if you have a chance and let me know what you think!.

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this, nice post! :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete